I found this wonderfully refreshing watermelon (paleo) salad on pinterest. It really is a summer must for any gathering, it's so easy to throw together and the scent of mint that lingers in your kitchen is just delightful. Really is there anything more prefect then cold watermelon and mint on a hot summer day?!
Watermelon, Avocado & Mint Salad with Feta Cheese
serves: 6 prep time: 20 min cook time: 0 min
- 4 cups of cut watermelon, 1 inch cubes
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into small slices or cubes
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Place watermelon, avocado, red onion slices, and mint in a large salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle over the salad. Gently stir everything to combine.
- Cover it with stretch film and let it marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on top.