7/27/15

eats // chicken & zucchini poppers

I came across a recipe similar to this about a year ago when I started to change my diet.  For some un- known reason I just now decided to give it a try, I have no clue why it took me so long, it's a winner!  This is so easy to make and delish.  It was a crowd pleaser as long as you don't ask the toddler, he was not a fan, actually he responded with "disgusting" as he spit it out and dramatically wiped his tounge, safe to say not kid friendly-- or at least not for my kid!  We ate the poppers for dinner along with mango slices and guacamole as a dip.  It's a great app for any party or great as a light summer dinner!  Hope everyone is enjoying soaking up the last weeks of summer!
  • 1 lb ground chicken breast
  • 2 cups grated zucchini
  • 2 - 3 green onions sliced
  • 3 - 4 T minced cilantro 
  • 1 garlic clove chopped
  • 1 t salt
  • 1/2 t pepper
  • Coconut oil
       Instructions:
  • Toss chicken, zucchini, green onions, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper.
  • Heat coconut oil on stove top, use a tablespoon to scoop the chicken mixture into balls, cook 8 - 10 balls at a time for 5 min on the first side. Flip them, cook for an additional 5 min or until golden brown and throughly cooked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment