5/21/15

eats // no mayo summer salad // cucumber & mint salad

Summertime to me is all about hanging with good friends, enjoying good food & of course sipping on a few drinks, just add a beach and I'm in business.  You may notice summertime is also all about the gooey mayo side salads...why oh why?!  I tend to stay away from those salads A. they scare me if left out in the heat for too long, B. not the healthiest.  While I love just a good "salad" having a lettuce allergy forces me to get creative when I have a craving for a cool crisp salad.  One of my favorites is this cucumber salad, I love "cooking" (I use that very loosely all you do is chop & toss)
this for summer bbq's, it's refreshing, a great side to burgers and easily serves large groups.  Happy Memorial Day weekend, cheers it's summer!
xo

mint & cucumber salad
            serves: 10  prep time: 10 min cook time: 0 min
Ingredients:
  • 5 mini English cucumbers thinly sliced *I use Trader Joe's
  • 1/2 cup red onion chopped
  • 10 grape tomatoes sliced in half
  • 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
  • feta cheese *to taste
  • mint *to taste 
Instructions:
  • wash & thinly slice cucumber, chop red onion
  • wash tomatoes & slice in half
  • toss cucumber, onion & tomato in vinegar
  • add feta & mint
  • lightly toss
  • can store in refrigerator for 4 hours
  • serve cold or room temp

No comments:

Post a Comment