- Wash your sweet potatoes under cold water and then peel
- Once peeled, using your spiralizer, slice your sweet potato lengthwise into thin strips
- Once sliced, use a knife and cut them to about 1/4 inch thickness and set aside
- Melt your butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat and add in all of your sweet potato "noodles"
- Continually stir and cook until the sweet potatoes are cooked through to your liking, about 5 minutes for me
- Sprinkle with your sage and and mix well
- 1 pound ground beef, preferably grass fed and pastured
- 1 and 1/2 cups packed shredded vegetables (I used zucchini, yellow summer squash, and carrot)
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 2 TBS fresh herbs, finely chopped (basil, cilantro, or parsley) ~ I used all 3
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, whipped
- Preheat oven to 400’F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place shredded vegetables into a colander in the sink. Sprinkle with 2 pinches of sea salt and mix well. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Then place veggies into a clean hand towel and squeeze out all of the moisture in them. Set aside.
- Puree onion and garlic together in a small food processor.
- Combine ground beef, squeezed out veggies, onion/garlic mixture, chopped herbs, plain sea salt and egg in a large bowl. Mix until combined.
- Roll into desired sized meatballs and place onto baking sheet
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until brown and cooked all the way through