If you're suffering from too many sweet treats, way too many cocktails & feeling puffy like I am, you may enjoy this light chicken salad recipe. Not only is it light and tasty its quick and easy, because come on who has time to slave in the kitchen when you have a closet busting at the seams with gifts that have yet to be wrapped. Yikes! Less sweet treats and cocktails and more checking off that never ending to do list.
serves: 4 prep time: 10 min cook time: 5 min
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken (use left over chicken or a rotisserie)
- 2 medium diced avocados
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 t fresh lime juice
- 2 t light mayo (or paleo mayo)
- salt to taste
****I like this served with paelo crackers, it would also be great served over lettuce or on bread as a sandwich.
- In a large bowl mix; chicken, lime juice, mayo and salt.
- Add avocados.
- Garnish with cilantro & green onions.