I came across the best paleo pulled pork recipe in the "Paleo Kitchen" cookbook, it's too good not to share! Great for large groups, just take note it tastes best if marinated 24 - 48 hrs. The cookbook recommends using leftovers for nachos, we did just that and wow leftovers have never been so tasty! Will share my nachos recipe in another post.
serves: 6 - 8 prep time: 24 hours cook time: 8 - 10 hrs
For the dry spice rub
- 2 T smoked paprika
- 1 T sea salt
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1/2 T ground black pepper
- 1/2 T dried ground oregano
- 1/2 T ground white pepper
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs bone-in pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup water
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients above for the dry spice rub
- Massage spice rub all over the meat. Wrap tightly in a double layer of plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hrs to 48 hrs (I refrigerated for 24 hrs)
- Unwrap the meat and place in slow cooker. Add the water.
- Cook on low for 8 -10 hrs or until meat is tender
- Using two forks pull meat apart
- And enjoy!