I'm calling this a breakfast skillet but really it's so good it could be an anytime skillet. In my house its a breakfast or blenner (breakfast as dinner ;)) skillet. You can omit or add any of the ingredient's (with the acceptation of the sweet potatoes) that's the beauty of this dish, if you enjoy eggs I suggest adding them or my favorite, egg whites. Serve with a side of avocado & tomato slices and viola you have a tasty meal!
serves: 4 prep time: 15 min cook time: 30 - 40 min
- 2 sweet potatoes, dices (make sure they are diced 1/2 inch so they cook evenly --- too thick and they will not soften)
- 4 ounces chopped pancetta
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 ounces drained sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms *optional
- bunch of fresh cooked spinach *optional
- goat cheese *optional garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dice sweet potatoes.
- Brown pancetta in cast-iron skillet over medium heat add diced sweet potatoes. Stir to coat them in pancetta fat.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 5 min., remove lid flip sweet potatoes, continue cooking until
- potatoes are brown on all sides about 10-15 min.
- Add the onion, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms* & cooked spinach*- cook till onions are soft.
- Add egg or egg whites*
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Garnish with goat cheese.