I love this gluten free // paleo fish recipe. It's super easy, tastes amazing and is perfect on those hot summer nights when you want something light to eat. The pomegranate & pineapple salsa give the salmon such a refreshing flavor. Psst... don't wear your fancy styles while making this dish! When working with pomegranates they tend to burst making you & your kitchen a mess. But it's well worth the mess and apron! :)
serves: 2 prep time: 10 min cook time: 10- 15 min
- 2 piece of salmon (1 lb total)
- 2 T coconut oil *melted
- 2 T organic honey *melted
- 1/4 t coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 of a lime *freshly squeezed juice
- In a bowl mix together pomegranate seeds, pineapple, red onion, lime juice & pinch of sea salt.
- Keep salsa in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler on low.
- Place salmon skin side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix coconut oil & honey in small bowl, microwave for about 8 seconds or until melted.
- Wisk coconut oil & honey mixture.
- Brush the mixture over the salmon, using it all.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the salmon.
- Place on top shelf of oven. Broiling for 10-15 or until slightly brown and flaky.
- Top with salsa.
- And enjoy!