It maybe Monday but I'm already looking forward to Friday.
Friday nights at our house call for pizza (cauliflower pizza, of course ;)) with vino or fish tacos & margarita's. This recipe takes sometime to cook, but is totally worth it. So whip up your "rita" and sip away while cooking! Cheers.
serves: 3 - 4 prep time: 30 min cook time: 30 min
- 6 egg whites
- 3½ tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic
- 1 pound fresh cod removed bones and skin
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat coconut & 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 beaten egg
- Fresh lime wedges
- Shredded cabbage
- Pico de Gallo
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mix all of the tortilla ingredients in a small bowl. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes so the coconut flour can soak up some of the moisture, and then whisk again.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat and spray with olive oil. Pour the batter into the pan in a circular motion, making a tortilla shape. Give the pan a little turn with your wrist a few times to help the batter spread out evenly and into a thin layer.
- Cook the tortilla on the first side for about a minute or until it's firm. Flip the tortilla over using a spatula. Cook on the other side for 30 seconds then remove. Continue cooking the remaining batter, spraying the pan in between.
- Slice the fish, toss into the egg, then coat with coconut and salt.
- Place the fish pieces on a tray lined with parchment paper bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes on each side. Turn on the broiler, and toast each side for a minute to crisp up.
- Top with garnishes
- Refill margarita