serves: 6 prep time: 15 min cook time: 3 - 4 hours ( 6 -8 if caramelizing the onions)
- coconut oil - 2 tablespoons or 4 tablespoons if caramelizing the onions
- 5 large yellow onions sliced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons course sea salt, more maybe needed
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- *Asiago cheese - shaved on top just before serving (depending upon diet)
- Grease slow cooker with the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- If you're not caramelizing the onions, skip to the next step. If caramelizing place sliced onions in the slow cooker and pour the other 2 teaspoons of coconut oil over the onions. Cover and cook on high for 6 - 8 hours, stirring every 2 hours.
- If you don't caramelize the onions, add the raw sliced onions into the greased slow cooker. Add the beef, chicken broth and spices.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 -4 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before eating.
- Additional salt maybe needed.