7/17/14

paleo // califlower rice

One of the hardest things I've encountered with my gluten free, Paleo diet is not eating rice! I love all things rice, couscous and quinoa. That is until I made cauliflower rice last week.  It took care of my rice fix real fast! This recipe is so easy and a great alternative to rice.
 

  serves: 2    prep time: 20 min     cook time: 15 min

Ingredients:
  • 1 head of cauliflower
  • 1/2 yellow onion
  • 2 garlic cloves minced
  • 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
  • zest of 1 lime
  • juice from 1/2 lime
  • 2 T coconut oil
Instructions:
  • grate cauliflower into rice texture
  • pour coconut oil into large pan
  • heat on medium / high
  • once oil is melted add onions and garlic
  • cook until tender
  • add the cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes
  • add cilantro and lime zest
  • lime juice, salt and pepper to taste


No comments:

Post a Comment