7/24/14

paleo // shrimp griller

Last week I posted about cauliflower rice, while I love using it as a side I also enjoy recreating some of my old favorites like this shrimp griller and instead of dirty rice substituting cauliflower rice.  With all the yummy grilled veggies you don't even notice your meal is paleo / gluten free. It's a great summer recipe, perfect for large groups.  When cooking for large groups I also cook chicken.  Serving the chicken, shrimp and veggies separately allowing everyone to create their own bowl.




serves: 4    prep time: 20  min     cook time: 15 min

Ingredients:
  •  1/2 lb shrimp
  • 1 pineapple
  • portabella mushrooms
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 yellow pepper
  • 1 yellow onion
  • optional: lime & cilantro
Instructions:
 *My hubby cooks this one on the grill --- as I've mentioned I'm challenged when it comes to the grill. It could be cooked on the stove top but the flavors of the veggies & pineapple really come to life on the grill.
  • prepare shrimp
  • dice pineapple, peppers & onion
  • skewer pineapple, mushrooms, peppers & onion
  • place shrimp and veggie skewers on grill
  • grill till desired texture
  • serve over cauliflower rice
  • garnish with lime & cilantro




No comments:

Post a Comment