7/21/14

grain free// paleo // grilled veggie salad

 
I love summer and especially summertime gatherings, but tend to find myself between a rock and hard salivating spot eyeing all the yummy things I know will make me sick.  So when we had a neighborhood gathering a few weeks ago I decided to try my own take on gluten free, paleo, grilled veggies.  Now, I'm sure they would be even tastier on the actual grill but seeing as I can be a hazard in the kitchen alone I decided to steer clear of setting myself on fire.  I simply sautéed the veggies in soy sauce (for Paleo soy recipe look here) on the stove for about 15 min.  They were delish, made the house smell like I was really cooking something divine and a perfect component to my naked (bunless) burger!

serves: 6-8    prep time: 10  min     cook time: 15 min

Ingredients:
  • grape tomatoes
  • 1 head - broccoli
  • baby portabellas
  • 1 red onion
  • 1 zucchini squash
  • soy sauce (GF/ paleo soy sauce found here)
  • pepper to taste
Instructions:
  • dice onion & zucchini squash
  • break broccoli into small florets
  • sauté tomatoes first (they take the longest to cook down) in 1/2 cup soy sauce about 5min
  • add other veggies, mix add 1/2 cup soy
  • sauté medium to low heat for 10 min (or until desired texture)
  • pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment