3/19/14

Spaghetti squash & turkey meat sauce


Here's a new twist on the old, boring spaghetti. I of course set out to cook it in my crook pot then once everything was dumped in the pot realized my beloved pot DIED! It was a very sad day. But luckily I found this tastes just as good cooked on the stove. I transferred it all into a pot on the stove, let it simmer for 3hrs on low and it was delish!!! We even ate it the next day. Charlie loved it minus the meat, he spit out even the smallest pieces of turkey but that's nothing new. This is for sure my new go to sauce!
 And for the spaghetti squash I simply baked it for 1hr 15min @ 375. Cut it open, deseeded,and pulled the squash out with a fork. A yummy low carb take on pasta. 
1 1/2 cups diced onions
5 garlic cloves, minced (I only had one clove left and used garlic powder as a substitute, it was fine)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp canola oil
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 or 2 zucchini's diced 
1 carrot diced
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1 (14 oz) can stewed tomatoes
1 cup chopped mushrooms
8 oz lean ground turkey meat, browned 
*micowave the first 6 ingredients together for 5min (or until the onions are soft). Cook on stove top- low 3 to 4 hrs. Or crock pot low 6 to 8 hrs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment